The Journal (New Zealand)
The Journal is an online program designed to help people to develop strategies for overcoming depression and features the former All Black John Kirwan who shares his own experience of depression. JK takes you through 6 progressive lessons designed to help you change negative thought processes and develop self-help techniques to overcome depression. The lessons focus on helping you to make positive lifestyle changes, identify problems and solutions and encourage you to monitor your progress. There is also a partner program - The Lowdown - which is specifically designed to help young people with depression.
- Service URL:
- Agency Responsible:
- The New Zealand Ministry of Health.
- Intervention Type:
- Psychological – CBT. The program is also part of a 'Depression' website that provides a range of educational material
- Course Length:
- Long (more than 5 modules). The program includes a short 'self -test' and 6 lessons
- Support Option:
- Automated only. A Journal Helpline number is available and you can also select to receive text message or email reminders
- Primary Category:
- Target Audience:
- Open: With registration. You need to register to take part in the Journal program - but all the other sections of the 'Depression' website are open.
- Contact Details:
- Research Trials:
- Research RCTs:
- Outcome Summary:
No research evidence on the effectiveness of the site is currently available.
- Recommended rating, reviewer 1:
- Recommended rating, reviewer 2:
Read more about Beacon's Smiley Rating System.
User ratings and comments are moderated in order to assure the quality of the submissions. It might take a week for your rating to show up.
Login to rate this service.
Other user ratings
No ratings for this service yet.
Last Updated: October 30th 2012