Little Prince is Depressed (Hong Kong)
Little Prince is Depressed is an interactive tour of depression information structured as the story of a young person with depression. The site includes information about causes of depression, comorbidities, and its relationship with suicide, as well as a depression self-test. It discusses treatments for depression, including medication, psychotherapy and alternative (yet to be proven) methods. 'Mind Gym' provides instructions on problem-solving, drug use health and safety, physical relaxation, healthy living skills (such as recreation and enjoyable activities), insomnia and anger management to help young people boost their mental health. Finally, stories about a diverse range of people are presented in the 'Sharing Garden'. Frequently asked questions and information about mental health services in Hong Kong are also included.
- Service URL:
- Agency Responsible:
- Hong Kong Jockey Club Centre for Suicide Research and Prevention.
- Intervention Type:
- Educational (primarily educational material or psychoeducation).
- Course Length:
- Long (more than 5 modules). 9 sections
- Support Option:
- No support.
- Primary Category:
- Target Audiences:
- Child, Adolescent and Adult. Particularly appropriate for children and adolescents
- English. Also available in Chinese
- Open: No registration required.
- Contact Details:
- Research Trials:
- Research RCTs:
- Outcome Summary:
No research evidence is currently available for Little Prince is Depressed.
- Recommended rating, reviewer 1:
- Recommended rating, reviewer 2:
Read more about Beacon's Smiley Rating System.
Research paper citations
User ratings and comments are moderated in order to assure the quality of the submissions. It might take a week for your rating to show up.
Login to rate this service.
Other user ratings
Last Updated: October 1st 2009